Add Value to Your Home – Top 3 Home Improvements
One of the best things about making home improvements is that you not only get to enjoy a more beautiful and usable living space, but it can also add value to your home. This doesn’t mean you’re going to necessarily make a profit off of your home improvements, but you can definitely recoup a large amount of the cost! Of course, this varies from home to home, region to region, and project to project. Here are a few remodeling projects that give you the most return on your investment in 2020, according to Remodeling magazine. Keep in mind that these figures are averages and estimates. Your individual experience may vary.
- Garage Door Replacement – 94% cost recouped
- Garage doors hit all the major areas of impact on your home: form, function, and security. It’s no wonder replacing a dated or worn-out garage door can have such an impact on the value of your home. The garage door is often one of the areas on the front of your home. This means it stands out. An attractive garage door can tie together the look of your home as a beautiful accent whereas an ugly garage door can ruin the appearance of even the best-dressed house on the block. This is a major factor in the “curb appeal” of your home. Beyond this, it’s highly functional. An improperly functioning garage door is not only inconvenient to use, but it can put your home’s security at risk if it is vulnerable. If your garage door is becoming an eyesore or a pain in the neck to deal with, a replacement could be a great way to add value to your home.
- Window Replacement – 72% cost recouped
- Windows, like garage doors, also fit into the trifecta of form, function, and security. Windows also affect your heating and cooling costs as well as protection from extreme weather. Great looking windows also bring together the overall appearance of your home, increasing curb appeal. The most popular type of windows are vinyl windows. These easy to install windows are lightweight, energy-efficient, and affordable. This means labor costs for installation will be at a minimum while the improved appearance and insulation put the value at a maximum. If you’re looking to improve your home, don’t underestimate the value of replacing your windows.
- Minor Kitchen Remodel – 77% cost recouped
- The kitchen is arguably the most heavily used room in a home. It is as much a workspace as it is a room. For this reason, remodeling your kitchen is a great way to add value to your home as well as improve your lifestyle and living conditions. It’s no wonder kitchen remodeling is so popular. Kitchens are one of the biggest factors when purchasing a new home. In addition to monetary value, having a great kitchen means more time with family and more home-cooked meals. This means a healthier and happier household for you and your family.
No matter what you decide to do to improve your home, you want to make sure it’s done by qualified professionals. Shoddy workmanship can turn your hard-earned money into a nightmare. If you are looking for experts to help you add value to your home in Baton Rouge, LA, contact us at Archie Home Improvements. You can be sure you will get the results you are looking for, with quality workmanship and at a fair price.